Flowers help your house be more beautiful and closer to nature. When seeing them and enjoy them every day, our lives become better and more interesting. We always want to grow flowers to enhance the landscape. However, there are some flowers that contain toxic for dogs and cats in the garden. So, it’s important to know which ones they are. The following list of 10 Toxic Common Flowering Plants For Your Dogs And Cats that you need to know to avoid to protect your pets stay away from dangers.
These flowers own their beautiful shapes with bright colors which may make it difficult to tell that they’re harmful! They turn dangerous as soon as the plant is injured in some way. They are toxic enough that just brushing one with your bare skin will cause some serious irritation. Check them out to know more information.
Poinsettia can cause mild irritations in certain pets such as mild vomiting and drool. If cats or dogs get the sap of the plant on their skin, it could become inflamed and itchy.
Azalea is toxic to dogs and cats with mild irritation. All parts of the plant are poisonous that are toxic to both animals and humans. The common poisoning symptoms such as excessive drooling, vomiting, and diarrhea. Even their symptoms could be a lot worse like tremors, seizures, and a loss of appetite.
#3 Morning Glory
Morning Glory contains chemicals called lysergic alkaloids that are toxic for pets with vomiting, tremors, dilated pupils symptoms, and even liver failure
Both the leaves and stems of the Chrysanthemum contain pyrethrins which cause vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, and sometimes a loss in appetite if ingested in pets.
All parts of the Lilies, including the pollen and even the water inside the vase, are toxic to animals. All lilies irritate the mouth and digestive tract of cats and dogs, also be nauseous and vomiting.
Marigolds can affect some pets negatively. If they nibble on leaves they could get a sore stomach, an irritated mouth, experience drooling and diarrhea. The plant sap will also irritate your cat’s skin.
All parts of tulips are highly toxic, especially the bulb. If your pet eats any part of the plant, they’ll get a variety of symptoms, including, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and excessive drooling.
Daffodils contain lycorine, an alkaloid that causes severe diarrhea, tremors, drooling, and vomiting in pets, sometimes experience seizures.
Hydrangeas contain cyanogenic glycoside, which causes vomiting, diarrhea, and difficulty breathing. For cats, they could become depressed, and experience seizures and stiffness. Dogs could lose their appetite, become fatigued, and may even experience a fever.
Amaryllis is also toxic to your pets. The bulbs, leaves, and stems contain phenanthridine alkaloids, which cause an adverse reaction in your pets with symptoms vomit or salivating excessively. If your pets eat large amounts, they could get cause diarrhea and shake, or other symptoms like a sore stomach and a drop in blood pressure.