Flower is the beauty that symbolizes the good things of life that nature offers. When we see them, and enjoy them every day, our lives become better and more interesting. However, everything always exists two sides. And flowers are no exception. There are a number of toxic flowers around us although they are very beautiful and attractive.
And in the post today we are want to share 13 Toxic Flowers You Must Read. No one is saying you should remove them or avoid them altogether. However, if you have kids or pets, you should know the names of those flowers to avoid problems and become aware of what the consequences might be. Are you ready to spend your time checking the names of these flowers with us!
Hydrangeas contain small amount of cyanide and can be lethal if ingested heavily. Although they are not dangerous for human, but ingestion of specific amount of leaves or flowers can cause vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy in pets.
This flower is rather mild but toxic, clematis is poisonous. When touched or consumed, the toxin called anemonin (irritant glycoside) affects both the pets and humans. It can cause dermatitis in some people after contact and mild burning sensation and ulcer in mouth, if eaten. And while pruning clematis, care to wear gloves. It also affects the pets, causes nausea and drooling. Clematis has bitter taste, so pets don’t touch!
The latex of calotropis ooze out from the flowers and leaves that contains calotropis, which if contacted to eyes can cause blindness.
Oleanders are charming, fragrant and loved by home owners. They bloom in white, pink, yellow or red. But be careful if you have kids, just eating a meager amount of this toxic flower can be dangerous. Because all parts of oleander are extremely poisonous if ingested, even the smoke burn from its wood is toxic. Symptoms of poisoning include dehydration, fever, slow heartbeat, tremors and death is also possible.
Both azaleas and rhododendrons are poisonous for pets. From flowers, to leaf or stem can lead to nausea, abdominal pain and difficulty in breathing, if eaten.
#6 Daffodil (Narcissus)
The bulbs are the toxic part of this popular and familiar flower. If too much ingestion can cause vomiting, diarrhea, squeeze cases, tremors and heart rhythm disorders.
This flower is known for its intense fragrance and it also attracts butterflies. All parts of the plant contain liver toxin. Symptoms like depression, vomiting, fatigue and liver failure are possible after ingestion.
Foxgloves are used to prepare medicines, still all parts of the plant are mildly poisonous, contains digitalis glycoside, digitoxin and deslanocide to use in heart medicine. However, if you ingest a particular amount of foxgloves it can cause headache, stomach pain and fainting.
#9 Lily of the Valley
The lily of the valley is very toxic, flowers, leaves and stem should not be eaten. The plant contains cardiac glycosides, which acts directly on the heart and causes vomiting, illusion, blurriness, slow heart rates and can be fatal in some cases.
#10 Morning Glory
Not all species of morning glory are poisonous but there are few, whose seeds are poisonous, if swallowed. Morning glory contain the toxic called lysergic alkaloids, which causes medical signs like diarrhea, in-coordination and liver failure, if large amount of seeds ingested.