The Best Keto Muffins Donut Style
Just like the classic donut, these cinnamon “sugar” donuts are sure to satisfy! These keto muffins are gluten free, sugar free and taste as close to the original as you can get!
½ cup heavy cream
5 tbsp butter softened
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup powdered swerve sweetener
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp allspice
- For the covering:
2 tbsp butter melted
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup granulated sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with papers.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter, sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs and cream.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (except for the topping ingredients). Slowly add to the wet ingredients, continuously mixing with the electric mixer.
- Spoon even amounts into each muffin cup.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden and set up.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Brush finished muffins with butter, roll in cinnamon sweetener mix. Serve!