The Most Amazing Chicken Parmesan (Ready in 30 Minute)
This Chicken Parmesan is pretty darn amazing. Juicy, tender chicken breaded in a mixture of parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs. Pan fried until golden brown and topped with melted mozzarella cheese and marinara.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 pound
1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
basil for serving if desired
- Cut chicken in half horizontally. Pound each piece until 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to a shallow dish.
- Add egg to a shallow bowl and whisk, set aside.
- Add breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to a shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg and Parmesan breadcrumbs.
- Add oil to a large skillet.
- Add chicken two at a time to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden grown and cooked all the way through.
- Place chicken in a pan or sheet tray and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil on high until melted and bubbly. Top with tomato sauce and a sprinkle of basil for serving, if desired. Serve immediately.