Sandalwood is a natural antiseptic and preservative used in the production of soaps, beauty creams, and other amenities. In many religions around the world, especially in Hinduism, sandalwood has had a place of dignity and respect. In Hinduism, it is considered holy and indispensable to most social and religious rituals. Members of several cultures in India use it as a sacred mark on the forehead as well. Ayurveda frequently refers to sandalwood, also known as Chandan in India, as a natural healer. Ask your grandmother and she will suggest Chandan as one of the best solutions for any skin problem.
How to Make Homemade Sandalwood
1. Sandalwood for blemishes
We are all aware of how difficult it can be to get rid of blemishes, but sandalwood can help you do it in a way that is completely natural.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder
- A small tablet of camphor
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Mix all the ingredients together into a smooth paste.
- Gently massage it onto the affected area and leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off with cold water the next morning.
- Regularly performing this will calm your skin and assist in the removal of pimples.
2. Sandalwood for wrinkles and skin aging
The skin can age prematurely and develop wrinkles as a result of exposure to the sun, dust, and pollution. Frequent face washing with a face wash will help eliminate grime, but it also removes all the vital oils from your face, which can lead to skin issues.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sandalwood
- 1 egg yolk
- Mix the above-mentioned ingredients into a paste and apply it to your face.
- Keep it on for about an hour and then wash it off with cold water.
- Use this technique regularly to improve your skin’s elasticity and to prevent the sagging of the skin.
3. Sandalwood for dry skin
Dry and flaky skin can be a major cause of itchiness and frustration. You may treat these skin conditions with the aid of the oils found in sandalwood, which will leave your skin hydrated, soft, and supple.
- Apply the sandalwood paste onto your skin about twice a week for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Gently pat the skin dry.