Straight hair is one hot trend that has ruled the heart of millions of women across the globe. Straight hair is simple to care for, easy to style, and can be worn in a variety of ways. However, getting your hair straight with chemical treatments or with hot hair straightening irons can damage your hair. You can look at some ingredients on your kitchen shelf instead of subjecting your hair to these harsh procedures. Scroll over to find a DIY hair mask to make your hair naturally straight, shinning and healthy:
To The Kitchen!
- Coconut milk: 1 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Juice of one fresh lemon: 4 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice
- Cornstarch: 3 tablespoons
- Pour the coconut milk and olive oil into a saucepan and stir until smooth. Cornstarch and fresh lemon juice should be combined in a separate, small bowl and whisked thoroughly to remove any lumps. You can start with a few tablespoons, but you may need all four.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the coconut milk mixture and put the saucepan over medium heat while continuously whisking. The heat and whisking will liven up the cornstarch and cause it to thicken the liquid. Do this again until the mixture has the consistency of the conditioner.
- Working in small sections, apply a liberal amount of the mixture to your hair to ensure that all hair receives the treatment.
- Put on a shower cap over your hair and wrap sit under a hood dryer. You can also wrap your head with a heated towel if you don’t have access to a hood dryer. Simply heat up a towel in a microwave-safe bowl full of water. Wrap the towel around your covered hair for about 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair as normal, then use a deep conditioner. After that, place a shower cap over your hair, set it with big rollers, and sit next to the dryer. Alternatively, you might let it dry naturally.
- The smoothest finish can be achieved using a flat iron if you’re not against using one. Just be certain to apply for heat protection!
Throw away those hair-damaging gadgets right away and go natural.